Holcim Philippines elevated to DoE Hall of Fame for energy efficiency
Building solutions provider Holcim Philippines, Inc.’s Bulacan plant won its third straight Outstanding Award for energy efficiency and conservation from the Department of Energy (DoE) to become one of only seven organizations elevated to the Hall of Fame in the 35th Don Emilio Abello Energy Efficiency Awards.
Holcim Bulacan was cited for improving its energy efficiency by more than 20% due to investments in new equipment, process and system optimization and reduction of clinker factor in cement manufacturing, an energy intensive industry. Holcim Bulacan Process Manager Sam Manlosa was also recognized as among the country’s Outstanding Energy Managers during the Awards. The awarding ceremony was held on 7 December 2017 at the Passion Restaurant, Maxims Hotel in Pasay City.
Since 2011, Holcim Philippines’s cement plants have been cited by the DoE for improving their performance by at least 5% from the prior year. Aside from its Bulacan plant, the company’s manufacturing facilities in La Union, Misamis Oriental and Davo have been recognized at least once for energy efficiency.
The DoE has been conferring the awards for over 30 years to recognize firms that significantly reduce their energy consumption. Participating companies submit consumption reports that are evaluated by energy officials from the public and private sector. The award is a tribute to Emilio Abello, the former Meralco Chairman and CEO.
- Geocycle Philippines looks to strengthen contribution to sustainable waste management
- New facilities in Bulacan strengthens Holcim lead in producing cement with alternative fuels
- Holcim pushes for faster blended cement adoption in Philippines
- Holcim Philippines, Build Change seal partnership for disaster-resilient construction
- Holcim helps strengthen La Union vs. COVID-19 with vaccine donation