Holcim statement on news reports regarding Mabini Plant operations
We are concerned with the latest news reports about our plant in Mabini, Batangas.
Our company is committed to be a responsible partner of our communities wherever we operate. We have closely complied to local and national regulations, paid the proper taxes and implemented programs to give back to the people living near our sites. These are the standards that have allowed us to continue operating for decades all over the country. These are the same ones we follow in Mabini.
Despite these efforts, we understand that there are some members of the Mabini community who are not fully supportive of our operations. We hear their sentiments and will continue the dialogues to provide the appropriate assistance under our existing community programs. We are also going to continue to work closely with regulators and other pertinent agencies to ensure our Mabini operations follow the highest standards.
Rest assured that Holcim Philippines remains committed to working with stakeholders with integrity and ensuring that our operations are healthy and safe for the people and the environment.
- Holcim pushes for faster blended cement adoption in Philippines
- Holcim Philippines, Build Change seal partnership for disaster-resilient construction
- Holcim helps strengthen La Union vs. COVID-19 with vaccine donation
- Holcim shares greenhouse gas emissions reporting best practices to support Philippines climate action
- Holcim Philippines continues innovation, sustainability push to drive biz growth, positive impact