Holcim statement on temporary closure of grinding plant in Mabini, Batangas
We are temporarily closing our grinding plant in Mabini, Batangas in compliance to the Environment Management Bureau-Region IV office's order issued in the morning of February 13, 2019. Our company is submitting itself to the legal process on this matter. We will also continue to cooperate with authorities and work with all stakeholders towards a positive and fast resolution of this issue.
However, we stand by our position that our Mabini plant should be allowed to operate. It adheres to relevant local and national laws and operates consistent with our values of health, safety, integrity and sustainability.
- Holcim pushes for faster blended cement adoption in Philippines
- Holcim Philippines, Build Change seal partnership for disaster-resilient construction
- Holcim helps strengthen La Union vs. COVID-19 with vaccine donation
- Holcim Philippines enhances masonry cement Holcim Wallright Prime for greater strength, versatile use
- Geocycle Philippines looks to strengthen contribution to sustainable waste management